Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dragonfly in Amber

"Dragonfly in Amber" (Outlander #2) by Diana Gabaldon
Hardcover: 752 pages
Published: Delta (July 1992)

Description:
With her now-classic novel Outlander, Diana Gabaldon introduced two unforgettable characters — Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser—delighting readers with a story of adventure and love that spanned two centuries. Now Gabaldon returns to that extraordinary time and place in this vivid, powerful follow-up to Outlander....

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland’s majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ... about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ... and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his....

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire’s spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ... in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ... and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves....


Wow, I FINALLY finished this book!  It seemed to take me forever...

This book was different than the first in the series.  It was more historical accounts of Jacobite events and battles.  There was a lot of political aspects to the book dealing with the funding of the Jacobites versus Bonnie Prince Charlie.  Some of it, I must say, was confusing.  I didn't need to know all the little details about this particular time in history, but I learned a few things.  It almost was like a history book sometimes.  Ok, after all that...it was a good book.  The end of the book is making me want to read the next one "Voyager" right away, so it must have been good.  I'm not giving it the most stars, because I didn't like it as well, but it still was really good.  I can't wait to read the next one, but it's also 870 pages!  I think I will take a short break and then continue on this series, because I really want to know what happens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment