Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beastly

"Beastly" by Alex Flinn
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Harper Teen (October 1, 2007)

Description:
Now a major motion picture starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer
I am a beast.
A beast!
Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.


I thought this book was way better than "Cloaked" by Alex Flinn.  If all of Alex's books were like this, then maybe more would be made into movies.  I didn't think I would enjoy this after reading "Cloaked" but I was wrong.  It was cheesy in some parts, but it is after all a re-tell of the classic "Beauty and the Beast".  Just make it in today's time period, and there you go.  I'm looking forward to seeing the movie now that I've read the book, but I've heard that they changed some very important parts in the movie that should have been left alone.  We'll see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment