Friday, February 25, 2011

The Last Thing I Remember

"The Last Thing I Remember" (The Homelanders #1) by Andrew Klavan
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (April 28, 2009)

Book Description:
Charlie West just woke up in someone else's nightmare.
He's strapped to a chair.  He's covered in blood and bruises.  He hurts all over.  And a strange voice outside the door just ordered his death.


The last thing he can remember, he was a normal high-school kid doing normal things -- working on his homework, practicing karate, daydreaming of becoming an air-force pilot, writing a pretty girl's number on his hand.  How long ago was that?  Where is he now?  Who is he really?


And more to the point...how is he going to get out of this room alive?

This book sounded intriguing to me from the description.  I didn't realize that this would be a series when I started...everything seems to be a series now days.  I had a hard time putting this down once I started reading.  It's very fast paced and leaves you wanting more.

The book starts with Charlie not knowing where he is and how he got there.  You learn about his last memory and eventually the missing information that he gradually comes to remember later.  Someone wants him dead and he also has to figure out who it is and why.  This book reminded me of the show "24" in how it's structured.  I usually don't read books like this, but it was very good.  I think I'll even continue the series when more books come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment