Friday, January 21, 2011

Cake Wrecks

"Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong" by Jen Yates
Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing (Oct. 1, 2009)

Book Description:
Have your cake and laugh at it, too, with the sweet treat known as "Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong".  From the creator of the ultrapopular blog CakeWrecks.com, here are the worst cakes ever, including the ugly, the silly, the downright creepy, the unintentionally sad or suggestive, and the just plain funny.  With witty commentary and behind-the-scenes tidbits, "Cake Wrecks" will ensure that you never look at a cake the same way again.


"I haven't laughed so hard in ages." -- Mary Alice, from The Food Network's Ace of Cakes.

This book is absolutely one of the funniest books I have ever seen!

My friend at work (the library) told me about a funny cake disaster book that she had seen and wanted to share with me.  We were talking about Barbie cakes for an upcoming program at the library and I happened to mention that I had seen some pretty interesting cakes when I was looking for images.  Anyway, that sparked her memory of this book.

It's a book full of funny photos of cakes gone horribly wrong.  Some are (amazingly) professional bakeries, but there a slew of photos submitted by people just like us.  You won't believe some of the funny wording mishaps along with just plain ugly icing disasters.  I couldn't stop laughing...I had to finish reading it later.

I don't know why this strikes such a funny note with so many people (myself included) but this book is really a great "treat" to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment